Click here to see a map of where all of these great restaurants are located!

Potato Champion

Potato Champion is one of the several food carts grouped together on the corner of 12th and Hawthorne. Open everyday of the week except for Monday, they have some of the best fries I have ever eaten!


While the fries are enough to make Potato Champion a worthwhile stop, they also offer an eclectic selection of dipping sauces. When I went with two of my friends visiting from college, we ordered a small cone (which was the perfect size for an afternoon snack for three people) with their Rosemary Truffle Ketchup, Chipotle Mayo and Bourbon Honey Mustard. The Rosemary Truffle Ketchup is delicious, but definitely a safer bet. The Chipotle Mayo was fine, not my favorite, but I loved the Bourbon Honey Mustard! You could definitely taste the alcohol and it was not too sweet for a honey mustard. However, I would suggest getting at least two dipping sauces if you order the Bourbon Honey Mustard because it does have a little bit of a kick to it...

Small Cone with Three Sauces $4.75

While I tend to stick to ordering a cone and the different dipping sauces, you can also order french fries with all the fixings served already on the fries. One of these specially prepared dishes that I am interested in trying is the PB&J fries, which consists of their french fries topped with their peanut satay sauce and raspberry chipotle jelly. For their full menu, you can visit http://www.potatochampion.com/Menu or just go to the food cart itself on 1207 SE Hawthorne Boulevard.

No comments:

Post a Comment