Click here to see a map of where all of these great restaurants are located!

Sal's Famous Italian Kitchen

Finally I am able to post about a Portland restaurant after two months of being away! While I am only home for a short stint over my spring break, I am attempting to make as many posts as possible before I return to Southern California for two more months before summer.

While Sal's is not necessarily a hip spot in Portland, it is the restaurant my family frequents the most. Located in the Uptown Shopping Center of Northwest Portland, Sal's offers high quality Italian food for a very reasonable price.

Roasted Beet Salad with Oranges, Goat Cheese and Candied Walnuts $7.00 (I was a little too excited to eat this one to remember to take a picture...)

Roasted Tomato Caprese Salad with Fresh Mozzarella, Oven Roasted Tomatoes, Sweet Balsamic Glaze and Homemade Pesto $7.75

Speaking of the great deals to be had at Sal's, my dad went on a little whee about Sal's over dinner. After taking a bite of his Chicken Picatta, my dad described Sal's as having "a convenient location," "a great wine list," and "delicious entrees for a fraction of the price offered by comparable Portland restaurants."

Chicken Piccata with Seared Chicken Medallions in a Lemon-Caper Sauce, Roasted Potatoes and Sauteed Broccolini $15.00

Carmelized Onion Pizza with Carmelized Onions, Goat Cheese and Prosciutto on a Garlic and Olive Oil Base $13.00

While Sal's is not my favorite restaurant in Portland, it gets the job done. And, it makes my mom happy, which is a bonus (of all the places to eat in Portland, she chose Sal's as her Valentine's Day Dinner restaurant).

P.S. I apologize for the quality of the photos. I accidentally left my camera down in California, so I am left with the camera on my iPhone to document my food adventures during this trip home.

No comments:

Post a Comment